Re: Interactive plots using GNUPlot

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: Interactive plots using GNUPlot
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:59:54 -0800

I don't know if it is the best way to go about it, and I still have a lot of questions on it myself, but if you create a file called .gnuplot in your home directory and include the line "set mouse" then you should be able to do a lot of the things you have suggested. Someone originally posted it on here as a means to be able to rotate 3D plots, but you can right-click and select an area, then click again and it will zoom in. Unfortunately, I have not been able to zoom back out this way. As far as switching axes to log axes, press 'l' while in the plotting window. Pressing 'h' lists several options as well in your Octave terminal window.

If anyone has any suggestions that work even better I'd love to hear them. I'm curious about this too.

-Ron