Re: large input data

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: large input data
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:05:49 -0800

originally just made some sample files and looked at
them...
>> save -ascii "outgoingdataset.txt" variable1;
...then looked at it.

but basically each of the five lines start with a pound
sign and contain information like:
1 notes
2 variable name
3 type
4 rows
5 columns

sample looks like this...
# this is the data from run 21 only variable1 is used
# name: variable1
# type: matrix
# rows: 21
# columns: 1
 23
 33.3
 75
 .
 .
 .
 34
...but make certain you have at least more data than the
number of rows you put in, or get an error.
They look like this when I scooped from spread sheet.

or, you could have...
# this is the data from run 21 only variable1 is used
# name: variable1
# type: matrix
# rows: 1
# columns: 21
 23 33.3 75 ... 34
..but you may need tabs between them, can't remember

            - Robert -