Re: Prerequisites to 2.9.x

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Prerequisites to 2.9.x
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:51:24 +0200

thanks.

I tried to do it myself before resorting to your SRPM's. Also, I do not need/want METIS. does the UFSPARSE SRPM compile w/o METIS?

I downloaded and installed GLPK from source w/o any problems

I also got UFSPARSE. from

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/beta/Oct10_2005/UFsparse/

This is a bit more complex: I do not want anything wtih a shady (==non GPL compatible) license, so I gave up on sparse cholesky factorization.

I had to modify the top level Makefile to remove directories which do not exist (BF and KLU) and also to modify UFconfig/UFconfig.mk to change the BLAS flags (which I took from octave_config_info for my running 2.1.72).

doing a make -k did a lot of things with some errors -- of course I can't compile cholmod.

Now, looking for libraries I find:
./AMD/Lib/libamd.a
./CCOLAMD/libccolamd.a
./COLAMD/libcolamd.a
./LDL/libldl.a
./UFconfig/xerbla/libcerbla.a
./UMFPACK/Lib/libumfpack.a

so, how do I install the thing (I presume I also need the h files) ?

Shai

David Bateman wrote:
Shai Ayal wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to get into the 2.9.x build and testing cycle, but I am unsure
what additional packages I need for a fully functional compile (e.g.
including sparse etc...). Can someone point me to a list of the required
and optional packages including where to get these packages and what versions?

Thanks
Shai

In addition to the 2.1.x dependencies you need GLPK and UFSPARSE. You might also like to install METIS prior to UFSPARSE to get a faster sparse cholesky factorization, though there are licensing issues with that... I can send source RPMs of UFSPARSE and METIS, though as they are lareg I prefer to do that offline. Tell me if you want them.

Regards
David