Re: Re octave-forge DOCSTRINGS

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Re octave-forge DOCSTRINGS
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:22:15 -0500

I believe the idea is to generate the base documentation files for the octave translation project. Currently we are generating the octave files from the DOCSTRINGS.

Since make_index is unwieldy as a monolithic package, I think it makes sense to break it into separate programs for extracting the docstrings and converting to HTML. A small detail is that make_index also wants the location of the original file so that we can point to it in the CVS, so the docstrings format will need to be extended a bit.

Hmmm... maybe it is time for me to learn about Python and XML.

        - Paul