Re: octave2.1-headers: mkoctfile generated functions crash randomly

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: octave2.1-headers: mkoctfile generated functions crash randomly
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:49:51 -0600

On 11/28/05, Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden> [2005-11-28 22:28]:
>
> > Indeed, this seems to be the case.  With the octave2.9_2.9.4-8 package
> > [...]
>
> Sorry, I meant octave2.1_2.1.72-6.

Unfortunately, for me 2.1.72-6 is even worse than before. I get a
crash immediately after starting Octave:

$ octave --norc
GNU Octave, version 2.1.72 (i486-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 2005 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08ab3a10 ***
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Aborted

I guess this is what you get from mixing Debian releases during
library transitions :)

Teemu