figure() and AquaTerm

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: figure() and AquaTerm
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:18:58 -0500

On 28-Nov-2005, "Ren? J.V. Bertin" wrote:

| Here's another version of figure.m modified to work with the current
| Octave release, under Mac OS X. A previous version was submitted
| back in 2002, but apparently had some problems and never made it
| into the official distribution.

What problem?

| I think my version is slightly more elegant

In what way?

| and thus am confident that it will be incorporated ;)

If you want changes to be included in Octave, then you should

  * Send context diffs relative to the version you started with, not
    complete new copies of functions.  Follow the existing coding
    style.

  * Explain what problem your changes solve.  Submit a complete bug
    report if your changes fix a bug.  See the bug reporting
    guidelines at http://www.octave.org/bugs.html.

  * Include a ChangeLog entry for your changes.  Follow the existing
    format and style.

  * Submit a separate bug report for each set of changes.  For
    example, if you are fixing a bug and adding a new feature, send
    each as a separate patch so the two sets of changes may be
    evaluated independently.

Thanks,

jwe