Linking Octave with HDF5

From: Lester Wade
Subject: Linking Octave with HDF5
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:57:47 +0000

Well, I had no luck with sorting out zlib problems on my 64bit system so I just tried things out on a 32bit one. A bit different this time as doing a configure -with-hdf5=/hdf5directory works ok, but at the end then says "ZLIB library not found". Having install ZLIB into /usr/local/lib/ I then tried; configure -with-hdf5=/hdf5directory -with-zlib=/usr/local/lib. Didn't work so I presume this isn't viable, how should I specify where to find the zlib files? I presume it looks for zlib.so ?

Thanks again.

Lester Wade