Re: Octave chokes on this in some systems

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave chokes on this in some systems
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:20:59 -0500

Shai,

Could you try the current CVS version of listen() on Debian testing?

When run on FC4 with:

  octave> listen(1234,'debug')

and from another terminal

  octave-forge/extra/soctcl/demo/octsync.tcl 1234

it dies on the cleanup after feval.

- Paul

On Nov 12, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:

Hi all,

I'm attaching a very small test file which works fine for me using 2.1.71 on cygwin (pre-built binary) & on fc3 (self compiled) but causes a core dump on Peter Jensen's system, which is:

debian testing
octave 2.1.71 installed from binary octave-2.1.71-5
gcc: 4.0.2 (Debian 4.0.2-2)

Is it my lousy programming or are we on to something? I have a gut feeling this is connected to some difference between gcc-3 and gcc-4

Instructions:
save in a directory of your choice and then:

mkoctfile test_caller.cc
ln -s test_caller.oct test_callee.oct
octave
test_caller

Shai
#include "oct.h"
#include "parse.h"

DEFUN_DLD (test_callee, args, nargout,"")
{
  octave_value_list retval;

  int nargin = args.length ();

  std::string cmd = args(0).string_value();

  retval(0) = false;

  return retval;
}

DEFUN_DLD (test_caller, args, nargout,"")
{
  octave_value_list args1;
  args1(0)="redraw";
  feval("test_callee",args1);