GUI + Octplot.

From: Peter Jensen
Subject: GUI + Octplot.
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:27:03 -0600

I am going to write a script for plotting data
from our simulation environment. The data is
2 dimensional. The program will be driven partly
from the command line and partly from a GUI. The
command line is used for selecting the data files
and specifying what data should be plotted. The
GUI is used for setting markers, changing the axis,
shifting the graphs in the X and y direction and other
interactive stuff.

I have produced a small octave script that does
some of the command line stuff. The script uses
gnuplot for plotting. However now I need to
implement the GUI stuff. Has anybody used
the FLTK bindings by Muthiah Annamalai and
octplot by Shai Ayal to produce a interactive
plot script ?. Is that posible ?.

For an example of what I want please look at
the EEG viewer at :

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

I am familiar with python, however I would prefer
to use octave as need do do some post processing
of the data (FFT etc). ( Again I could use
numarray to do the processing in python.... )

Any ideas ?

Peter