Re: split

From: miguel manese
Subject: Re: split
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:14:19 +0800

The right tool for the right job (TM). Octave is definitely not the
right tool for this (looping is notorious, as with matlab or R), you
should use external utilities. in perl, to split by white spaces

# perl -aF"\s" -ne 'print "$F[0]\n";' < input

then just read the splitted stuff (iirc octave can interface with the shell too)

jon