Re: Cell array membership

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Cell array membership
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:38:49 +0100

Hamish Allan wrote:

Since I posted this, a friend of mine has told me that Matlab 7 works in the way I would expect. Is it therefore reasonable to make this a feature request for Octave?

This needs an implementation of the "cellfun" function so that the code in unique.m and ismember.m for empty cell arrays can be replaced. Then the only other change is that code
like

  match = [ y(1:n-1) == y(2:n) ];

becomes

   if (iscell(y))
      match = [char(y(1:n-1) == char(y(2:n))];
   else
      match = [ y(1:n-1) == y(2:n) ];
   endif

I know that a colleague of my has cellfun written (along with cell2mat, and perhaps some other stuff). I'll hassle him again to commit it to the CVS so this might be implemented...

Regards
David

Motorola CRM +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary