subplot issues

From: Brian Blais
Subject: subplot issues
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:20:53 -0500

Hello,

I am having some problems with subplot.  The following code:

a=rand(1000,1);
b=randn(1000,1);

for i=1:length(a)

  subplot(1,2,1);
  plot(a(1:i));

  subplot(1,2,2);
  plot(b(1:i));

end

seems to not clear the axis between plots, so I get a jumbled mess, with
each plot overlapping. If I put a clearplot before each plot, after each subplot, then it clears it but then gets slower and slower as if it's saving all of the previous plots, but just isn't drawing them. Doing clf at the beginning of the loop doesn't work either, causing some odd flashing and resizing.

I am using Octave version 2.1.63, and gnuplot 4.0, on SuSE Linux 9.1.

any help would be great!

                        thanks,

                                Brian Blais

--