Re: problems running the embedded examples from the Octave repository

From: Geraint Paul Bevan
Subject: Re: problems running the embedded examples from the Octave repository
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:45:56 +0000

Xavier Gonzalez wrote:
I am trying to run the embed.cc, test.cpp example code. However, I
cannot even get them to compile. It is clear to me that there is not
octave/ directory containing the files in my machine. I do have
octave, but I am guessing I do not have the rigth files.

I just want to know what is it that I need to do to get these programs
to compile and run.

regards,

--Xavier Gonzalez
Computational Science, C.Ph.D.
address@hidden

You need the Octave header files to be installed on your system. What kind of system are you trying this on? If it is GNU/Linux, you probably need to install another package to get these. On Debian, look for octave2.1-headers; on other distributions, they might be in a package called something like octave-dev.

--
Geraint Bevan
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geraint.bevan