Re: Segmentation fault?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:24:39 -0500

At 4:01 PM +0100 1/10/05, Miroslaw Kwasniak wrote:
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:22:21AM -0500, Vic Norton wrote:
 I've narrowed down my segmentation-fault problem. It seems to be the
 consequence of the two word command:
    octave> clear all
 Does "clear all" have known problems?

In octave `clear all' clears one variable/function which has name `all'
;)

That would explain everything if it were true, Miroslaw -- but it doesn't seem to be true.

For example, if I exit my main script with the "error" function before it gets into heavy computation and give the "who" command, I see two currently compiled functions, "columns" and "rows", and 34 local user variables. When I execute "clear all" and ask "who" again, there are no currently compiled function and no local user variables. The "clear all" command has cleared out everything.

BTW, in this situation, when I execute before heavy computation, I get no segmentation-fault message on quitting octave.

When I execute "who", "clear all", and "who" again after running the full script,
    8 dynamically linked functions
   18 currently compiled functions
   68 local user variables
disappear. "clear all" again seems to be clearing everything. But now it causes a segmentation fault when I quit octave (but not before).

Regards,

Vic