Re: How can one get the size of a sparse matrix ?

From: Schloegl Alois
Subject: Re: How can one get the size of a sparse matrix ?
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 23:36:41 +0100

Quoting Andy Adler <address@hidden>:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Schloegl Alois wrote:

I was assuming its a missing feature. However, you suggest its a bug.

I'm using the latest CVS-version of Octave and the CVS-version of
Octave-forge.
Below is my configuration.

Any idea where I could start to fix it?

Schloegl,

I'm afraid I have no idea. As David Bateman suggests, this feature
normally works. I was just mentioning that I do (dimly) remember
seeing the effect you got, but it went away, and I don't remember
why. Sorry.

Andy

I've build both, octave and octave-forge again from scratch. Now it is
working.
Sorry to cause the noise. Andy and David, thanks anyway.

In case anybody has a similar problem, here is a short report what I've
changed·

First, I've configured Octave with:
./configure --enable-dl --enable-shared
earlier it was:
./configure --enable-dl --enable-shared --disable-static

Second, I've deleted the whole directory octave-forge/main/sparse,
downloaded it
 again, and built Octave-forge as a whole. In the very beginning I did
a 'make'
within .../octave-forge/main/sparse. Perhaps, this did not link all parts
correctly, and caused the problem, somehow.

Alois