Re: Plotting many images on one figure

From: Daniel Déchelotte
Subject: Re: Plotting many images on one figure
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:20:11 +0100

Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> a écrit :

| On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:40:09PM +0100, Daniel Déchelotte wrote:
|
| # I would like to draw, say, a 10 by 10 grid of images, each of which is
| # a 28 by 28 pixel, gray-level image.
|
| what about a 280x280 image?

Nice trick. And thanks for the code. :)

I will probably play with a larger matrix to add some borders around the
images, but I get the idea.

Is it worth I describe my PostScript output issue, since I am using
octave2.0 ? Please have a look a this folder:
http://yo.dan.free.fr/test_octave/
 * test.ppm is the correct output
 * test.eps is messed up
 * test16.eps is obtained by saveimage("test16.eps", foo/16, ...)
   It's like tiled. A byte-order issue, somehow?

The script KL.m is also there, and enough data (train-images-..., the file
is truncated) as well.

As to what Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden> wrote:

| Once, you have the saved image files, you could use the "montage"
| command of ImageMagick.  Probably not exactly what you want since it
| requires work external to Octave, but I think it will give the desired
| result.

I might use this solution instead if I am to add a label below each image.
Thanks for the idea (I didn't know this montage command).

Thanks all, and regards.
--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/