parallelknoppix with MPITB for Octave

From: Michael Creel
Subject: parallelknoppix with MPITB for Octave
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 06:06:21 -0600

Hello,
I have made a version of parallelknoppix that includes MPITB for octave, with
a working example of code to do a Monte Carlo study in parallel. MPITB
(http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb)is a toolbox for Octave that allows code
to be executed in parallel. Parallelknoppix
(http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/) is a bootable CD that lets you
create a temporary cluster for MPI parallel computing, without installing any
OS or software on any of the computers involved. I have used this in a
university computer room with Windows machines for students' daily work to
create temporary Linux clusters of up to 25 nodes. It works very well in my
experience. It's an easy way to get started with clusters, and with MPITB for
Octave in particular. On the web page there are download links and links to
documentation.

The CD contains the latest version of MPITB, Octave 2.1.60, and octave-forge
CVS from a couple of weeks ago.

Any comments, suggestions or contributions are welcome.

Michael