Memory exhaustion

From: Steve & Aynz
Subject: Memory exhaustion
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:00:33 +1000

Hi

I am a *novice* Octave user (converting from MATLAB).  I am currently
using Octave ver 2.1.42 on a computer() = i686-pc-cygwin.

I am running simulated annealing and get the following error message:
"error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt"

This has occurred on 2 different computers.  On both my laptop and my
desktop the pagefile kept increasing as the application was running
(this doesn't happen on the MATLAB version of the code).  And eventually
(at about 300 MB - which is well short of the RAM in either computer)
the error message pops up.

I have looked through previous threads on this list and have found some
discussion on this problem - - - but to be honest the discussion was far
to advanced for me and I really couldn't figure out the fix.

I have 2 questions:  1) how do I get Octave to see that I have more
memory and 2) how do I stop the memory leak?

Can anyone help (with a fairly plain english version)...

Thanks

Steve

Steve Duffull & Aynsley Peterson
111 Claremont Parade