Re: Plotting a black line

From: Miroslaw Kwasniak
Subject: Re: Plotting a black line
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:33:17 +0100

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:11:41PM -0800, Henry F. Mollet wrote:
> By trial and error I once found that I can create a grey line. -@ sets
> linespoints plot style, then the 0 sets the color but 0 is not listed in the
> manual but it produces a gray line on my screen, same color as the axis but
> not has "heavy".
> Henry
>
> octave:2> x=[0:0.1:1];
> octave:3> y = 2*x
> octave:6> plot (x,y,"address@hidden")

I've tested and your command generates that command for gnuplot

 pl '/tmp/oct-smJJLG' u 1:2 t "" w linespoints 0

(it isn't continuous line) it looks on my screen as sparse doted line :(

You din't say which terminal you use. If you wrote about gnuplot on X11 you
can play with X-resources for gnuplot described on:

http://www.sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/gnuplot-3.7.1/html_node/gnuplot_221.html

with them you can get gray & black lines or even black background.

Mirek