Re: Control rlocus

From: Jay H
Subject: Re: Control rlocus
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:49:10 -0600

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:14:22 -0600, A S Hodel <address@hidden> wrote:
> This would require a significant rewrite of the octave rlocus routine;
> the roots computed over a sweep of the gain K would need to be sorted
> into continuous paths.  Currently they are only marked with a dot.

OK, but one advantage is that there is a well known and simple
algorithm that lets one determine the _angle_ with which any given
root moves during a small change in gain, so presumably it would be
possible to know how to connect-the-dots for each subsequent gain
increment.

The part I don't know about is how to draw the lines in gnuplot, but
I'll look into that too.  I've only used gnuplot for generic plotting.