Aquaterm problems with octave/gnuplot in OS X

From: Rahul Ratan
Subject: Aquaterm problems with octave/gnuplot in OS X
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:11:09 -0500

Hi,
I am using the fink installation of octave (2.1.57-3), octave-forge (2004.02.12-3), gnuplot (4.0.0-1) and aquaterm (1.0-1) on a OS X 10.3.6 system. I have not been able to get aquaterm to show plots for anything from either octave and/or gnuplot. I am using apple's X11 1.0 X-server and quartz-wm window manager. When I run the X11 server and give something like

octave:1> x=1:10
x =

   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10

octave:2> gset terminal aqua
octave:3> plot (x)

Aquaterm launches but then it does not draw a window. Gnuplot and Octave seem to be installed correctly as I can get the same plots in xterm by doing "gset terminal x11". I have read about people having problems with plots in X11 terminals but my problem is the opposite. Any help would be appreciated. BTW I do not have a .octaverc file and I have not declared any octave/gnuplot environment variables in my .bashrc file.

Rahul