Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)

From: A J Macy
Subject: Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:11:07 -0800

I have a similar problem - large files not just bomb
octave, but modify/erase its history file, delete running
programs, delete information in other running programs, etc

Even using clear to clear all variables does not make
enough room, yet restarting octave each time I need to use
it makes almost enough room.

It would help to be able to process some larger files of
data.  How to increase allocated memory?  How do you do it?
 Having only binary octave-2.1.50a-inst.exe?

Running Windows98 128MB RAM
    and Windows XP 256 MB RAM  HD: 600MB min 1.2GB max swap

                - Robert -

  http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/bug-octave.2004/msg00812.html