Re: benchmarking - evidence that there's no problem

From: Driss Ghaddab
Subject: Re: benchmarking - evidence that there's no problem
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:18:24 -0600

Hi,

> Here are some benchmark results using my USOBS.m script, which is attached.
> This is certainly not conclusive, but it seems that the problem I had last
> week may have been due to something other than Octave.

Your script uses tic() and toc() which uses the wall-clock timer. If you
machine
is not fully dedicated to octave, any other running task will slows down octave
and tic().. toc() will measure the real time and not the cpu time needed by
octave to complete the task. See "help tic", which recommends using cputime
(), see also the example in that help topic.

Cheers,

--
Melqart