Re: IDE for Octave

From: kraiskil
Subject: Re: IDE for Octave
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:04:49 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:39:13 +0800 Diego Ruiz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I'm sure this question has already been asked. Sorry for that.
> Have you heard about the existence of an editor or IDE wich can
> be used with Octave. I'm mainly concerned about syntax
> highlighting.

Most modern texteditors support syntax highlighting. (At least those I've
encountered).
Besides th suggested emacs and NEdit, also SciTE and kate are nice.

Concerning IDEs, all that I've found are just more or less a text-editor with
syntaxcoloring and a octave terminal.
You might want to check out koctave or goctave, or for a future reference,
my own yaog www.hut.fi/u/kraiskil/yaog.html (Its still under heavy development)

HTH
Kalle