Re: input time limit

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: input time limit
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:35:59 -0800

Heather,

Is there a way to make input statement a...
if while [timer running] command?

If not, you could use an extra file and have the program
read this *Calibration.txt" file for the calibration term.
 the file could contain the date/time code, so your program
knows how relevant the calibration info is.

For example, you write
qualifier=1;calibration=??;
save -ascii "Calibration.txt" qualifier calibration;

your program reads the data and rewrites the file with the
qualifier flag set to 0.  Then if it finds a zero when it
reads the file it can put up ten or twenty very insistent
messages.

I know it's a "work around" but your program would always
be running even while waiting for an input.

              - Robert -