input time limit

From: Heather Duman
Subject: input time limit
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:40:38 -0600

I’m writing some code that calibrates values reported by a sensor. I have some criteria that must be met before calibration can occur. After these criteria have been met, I have an input (prompt) statement to enter the measured value used for calibration. The sensor will continue transmitting values even if calibration has not occurred. Is there any way to place a time limit on the input request in case it is not noticed? We need all values to be recorded, regardless of calibration. All of my attempts at using “pause ()” have failed to produce the desired result.

Heather Duman

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.