Re: OS X errors. plot, aquaterm, x11, ls, display. possibly related, pos

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: OS X errors. plot, aquaterm, x11, ls, display. possibly related, possibly not.
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:47:53 -0700

Dj,

It appears that the Fink version of octave still doesn't fully recognize
AquaTerm. If you have X11 installed, you could try running octave from an
X11 xterm to see if the error goes away. I got the error message that you
are now getting with my octave-2.1.46 before I upgraded to 2.1.57 via
downloaded binary files.

Look around the /sw octave installation directory for a folder that has Mac
specific items for octave. There is a special older version of figure.m that
works with AquaTerm included with the older versions. If you find it, try
copying the Mac specific version of figure.m to your local problem directory
as a temporary fix. (Octave always looks first in the local directory for .m
routines.) If that solves the problem, then you need figure out how to
change some permissions and copy (or sudo cp) the figure.m to make the Mac
figure.m the default on your system.

Good luck.

Joe