Re: Octave 2.1.57 vecLib Panther 10.3.4

From: fl
Subject: Re: Octave 2.1.57 vecLib Panther 10.3.4
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:46:56 -0500

To clarify things a litte, first I compiled LAPACK (netlib.org) and linked
with GOTO's blas lib. Then I copied  both the GOTO BLAS and LAPACK libs
to the matlab/bin/glnx86 dir, renamed Matlab's original LAPACK and BLAS libs,
and made the following links:

lapack.so -> liblapack_LINUX_p4.so
libmwrefblas.so -> libgoto_p4_512-r0.9.so
libmwlapack.so -> liblapack_LINUX_p4.so

Below is a little comparison of the original Matlab
and the GOTO "enhanced" version on a dual P4 2GHz:

address@hidden:~> matlab -nojvm

             < M A T L A B >
     Copyright 1984-2002 The MathWorks, Inc.
       Version 6.5.0.180913a Release 13