Re: Octave-Forge make failure under Red Hat 9

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge make failure under Red Hat 9
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:03:20 -0600

Julius Smith wrote:
I am told that the current octave-forge builds fine on debian, so the two bugs are somehow platform-dependent. -- jos

I have compiled octave-2.1.57 and octave-forge-2004.02.12 on
RedHat 7.3 (with gcc3.0.2), 8, 9, FC1, FC2 and RHEL WS 3.0.
With an exception of a small bug in galois-def.h
(see http://www.octave.org/mailing-lists/bug-octave/2004/182)
it compiles just fine. I do prefer more recent CVS snapshot
lately though which compile cleanly.

As for your previous post (Source-Forge make failure under Red Hat 9) --
intermittent problems usually signs of hardware problem (flaky
memory, overheated CPU, etc...).  Those problems could result
in corruption of your files. Please verify integrity of
your installation e.g. by running 'rpm -qVa'.

Sincerely,
Dmitri.