Re: DWT2 Single-level 2-D wavelet transform

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: DWT2 Single-level 2-D wavelet transform
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:13:42 +0200

Using WaveLab, you can do something similar to

octave:1> startup % load wavelab
octave:2> I = imread('lenna256.jpg'); % load an image
octave:3> qmf = MakeONFilter('Symmlet', 8); % create a quadrature mirror
                                            %filter of the required type

octave:4> [n,J] = dyadlength(I); % get the dyadic length of the first
                                 % row of I

octave:5> FWT2_PO(I, J-1, qmf); % do the forward wavelet transform
                                % (2 levels)

Regards
Stéfan

David Bateman wrote:
I don't think there is dwt2, but for wavelets on octave see the references

http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~wavelab/
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?WavelabOnOctave

Regards
David

According to Jean-Michel besnard <address@hidden> (on 06/22/04):

Hi,

I am porting a MATLAB source code to Octave and I wonder if there is a function
similar to the 'dwt2()' of MATLAB.

NB: this matlab function does a single level 2D wavelet decomposition.

Thanks,

Jean-Michel