use of Alt-p

From: Mike Miller
Subject: use of Alt-p
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:24:11 -0500 (CDT)

Simple question: On older versions of Octave, I could type a few characters, then use Alt-p to cycle through previous commands that began with those characters (a la tcsh/emacs). Now when I hit Alt-p I see a colon and I am not sure what to do with that. (I couldn't find anything in the archive searching for alt-p or for meta-p.)

TIA!

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.