Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:32:08 -0500

* Tom G. Smith (Smitty) <address@hidden> [2004-06-11 12:32]:

> I'm certainly receptive to suggestions, except I don't think changing
> over our Linux distribution from RedHat to Debian is a viable suggestion.

I am the maintainer of the Qhull packages for Debian.  I am also helping in
the upstream development (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qhull).  I
remember someone approaching me some time ago about the RPM packages, but I
cannot find the e-mail message.  You may try to contact the Qhull upstream
author, Brad Barber, to get further informations.

That said, I am really sorry you are not considering switching from RedHat
to Debian.  That would be the single intelligent suggestion that I could
give to you.  Debian has a high degree of integration among its packages,
not to mention the wonderful upgrade capabilities. Okay, okay, its installer
is not sexy.  So what?

At any rate, remember that I my opinions are completely biased, of course.

Cheers,

--
Rafael