Re: Plotting data from a file containing comments as first lines

From: Mark P. Esplin
Subject: Re: Plotting data from a file containing comments as first lines
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:46:22 -0400

        Matlab has a function called dlmread that will do it.  The function
dlmread
is also in octave-forge, however it doesn't have all the functionality of the
Matlab version.  I sent in a patch to add functionality so that it would skip
over lines, but it didn't seem to have made it into CVS.  I could send you my
version of dlmread.m if you would like.

        Just now I looked at the files in cvs/octave-forge/main/io and there is
dlmread.cc that appears to have that functionality.  However, I don't know
why it didn't get built.

                         -Mark Esplin