Re: Neophyte CVS user question (fwd)

From: Tom G. Smith (Smitty)
Subject: Re: Neophyte CVS user question (fwd)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:58:58 -0500 (CDT)

I get these results:

        bash-2.05b$ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octave
login
        Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/octave
        CVS password:
        cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.207):2401
failed:
        Connection refused

I first tried the password I use when logging in at sourceforge.net
using mozilla, then I tried using my email address, as one would use
with anonymous ftp; neither worked.  BTW, how does it know what ID
the password is associated with?  My id on my localhost is smitty,
but the id I login to sourceforge.net with is smittypaddler.  I could
find no way to tell cvs what my id at sourceforge is.  I'm running on a
RedHat Linux 9.0 system, behind a firewall, if that makes a difference.