Re: Neophyte CVS user question

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Neophyte CVS user question
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:02:41 +0200

As your mail client is PINE I'll take a stab in the dark and say you
are running under a unix like system. Therefore an appropriate sequence
to get the entire CVS source tree is

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octave login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octave co octave-forge

Once you've checked out the code once you can update it just by using

cvs update -PAd

where the "-P" prunes empty directories, "-A" resets sticky tags and "-d"
creates new directories....

D.

According to Tom G. Smith (Smitty) <address@hidden> (on 05/27/04):
> Please excuse a newbie's question, but how do I get a copy of the CVS of
> octave-forge?
> I've read enough to see how I'd get source for an individual module, but it
> isn't
> clear how I'd get the complete source using my CVS client.
>
> David Bateman wrote:
> > So build a copy of the CVS of octave-forge, I don't expect you'll see
> > any problems..

> This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
> privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
> disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please
> inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any
> printed copy.   Thank you.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary