how to install sparse matrix package ?

From: Ricardo Zorzetto Nicoliello Vencio
Subject: how to install sparse matrix package ?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:10:03 -0500

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the newbie question. I want to retire my MATLAB and use Octave
and need some basic help to intall some code.

I want to use the sparse matrix codes at:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/sparse.html but couldn't undertand the
logic behind installing things in Octave. There are .m and C files. How
can I habilitate my Octave section to use such codes ?

I don't have root privileges to install things, but if I explain the
process to Him, it could be done for me.

Anyone want to help me ?