Re: backward ODE solving

From: Ben Diedrich
Subject: Re: backward ODE solving
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:19:03 -0400

The ODE solver is called within a gradient optimization function that can
see a wide variety of problems. The current configuration uses the timesteps
selected by 'ode23' (either Matlab or octave-forge). If lsode could output
the internally selected timesteps, the behavior would be the same. I'm not
certain what impact pre-selected timesteps would have on the behavior of the
algorithm for different problems. I can try it out, though.

Ben