Re: How to keep print compatiable with MATLAB

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: How to keep print compatiable with MATLAB
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:34:02 -0500

Joe Koski wrote:

Just a quick observation. If Octave and Matlab were compiled instead of
interpreted, this approach wouldn't be possible at all. A compiler would
choke when it saw the other language's instruction set in the if statement.
Are there potential syntax checking problems that could derail this
approach?

Joe Koski
Just as I hit the send button on my last posting, I understood Joe's question. Now I'm not sure whether those examples I gave would cause problems or not if they were in an octave-specific section of code. Those are certainly the cases to begin testing, if you wanted to identify problems. If I get a chance, I'll try some tests and report the results.

-Quentin