Re: Suppress Display of `plot' while saving as ppm

From: Avraham address@hidden
Subject: Re: Suppress Display of `plot' while saving as ppm
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:17:17 -0500

The waay to do it in octave is to replace the terminal from the default
X11 to something else:

example:
66~> x=[1:8];
67~>y=0.2*x .*x+2*x;
68~> gset terminal pbm color
69~>gset output "plot2.pbm"
70~> plot(x,y)
And you get the file plot2.pbm without displaying the graph;
I did not find a terminal corresponding to the ppm format on my system. I
guess that depends on the version og gnuplot you have installed.
Good luck, Avraham