handling complex arrays in octfiles

From: Luke Sjulson
Subject: handling complex arrays in octfiles
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:30:30 -0400

hello,

I'm trying to write an oct-file to access a precompiled FFT function in octave 2.1.57 on linux. The function takes arguments of type doublecomplex, which is simply defined as:

typedef struct
{
  double real, imag;
}  doublecomplex;

This is simple enough, but I can't figure out exactly how octave is storing complex numbers, or how to convert back and forth. Does anyone know how to do this? I apologize for this being a somewhat silly question, but my C++ skills are very poor.

thank you very much,

Luke Sjulson