Differentiation

From: Subhradip Ghosh
Subject: Differentiation
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:52:00 -0500

Hi,
I would like to know how to do the numerical differentiation of a function
in octave.

For my case, I have a matrix A, dependent on the variable x. I would like
to get d/dx(A(x)) for aome value of x.

Is it possible in octave?

Thanks in advance.

Subhradip

                      Subhradip Ghosh
                   Post doctoral Fellow
                   Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Office                                       Home
MSEB 312C                         *    2001 South Orchard Street Apt D
1304 W Green street               *    Urbana, IL-61801
Urbana, IL-61801                  *     Phone # 2173841824
Phone # 2173336584                *    E-mail: address@hidden
E-mail: address@hidden           *