Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:42:26 -0500

On Mar 30, 2004, at 8:07 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

Paul Kienzle wrote:

I was running some matlab stuff from the web (maybe Nick Higham's
test matrix toolbox?) and found that clf was missing, so I put together a really simple function to emulate it. Please post a correct version.

I think it should be just aliased to clg() or clearplot().
I do not understand what else it should be doing besides
what clg() already does.

Apparently clg is a matlab 3.5 command which is no longer in
active use.  clf is the replacement.  However, clg doesn't work
the way I expect.  Try:

        mark_as_command axis
        axis ticx nolabel
        plot(1:10)
        clg
        plot(1:10)
        clf
        plot(1:10)

clg is not resetting all the properties that it needs to.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden