Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:17:52 -0700

Joe Koski wrote:

In some other routines, I do use replot to get aifm format output of single
frames. Do I need to set automatic_replot=1 prior to doing that?

I do not think so. As I mentioned before I set automatic_replot=0 and keep it
this way.
You will need to do "replot" explicitly to make all plot command take
effect. E.g. you can do
xlabel("...")
(The plot does not change, yes)
ylabel("...")
(Same, no effect.)
title("...")
(Same...)
replot
(xlabel, ylabel and title will change at once).

It is possible to do replot after each command (like "xlabe("...") ; replot),
but
it will take longer and end result will be the same.

Joe Koski

Dmitri.