Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:42:09 -0700

Joe Koski wrote:

I guess if the rationale behind the automatic_replot=0 sequence were
outlined, I'd feel better, and could better apply it. Where is that posted?
I don't recall seeing it on help-octave. It sounds like something that
should be hidden from the "average" user through the use of
multiplot/clearplot or something similar.

The issue here is that octave changed default (at about version 2.1.53)
from automatic_replot=0 to automatic_replot=1 for Matlab compatibility.
That broke many people's plotting scripts.
In you original posts you sounded as if you upgraded octave (as well
as gnuplot), which let me think that you might got hit by this bug
as well. I have been using gnuplot-3.8 for a couple years already and not
seen any new problems with newer versions.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.