Re: Multi Column Data file to plot, gradient plot, or gradient of gradie

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Multi Column Data file to plot, gradient plot, or gradient of gradient plot
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:32:35 -0800

See attached pdf for clarification. The multi-colored lines correspond to
plot (log(xtempAbar),E_asTheory) in part of script below
and from the workspace:
rwd  matrix                       46      1  xtempAbar % x-axis values
rwd  matrix                       46     35  E_asTheory % y-axis values

Next I would have to calculate a gradient (=derivative?) and then the second
derivative, call the matrices E_asTheory_1stDer and E_asTheory2ndDer and
then I would use:
plot (log(xtempAbar), E_asTheory_1stDer) and
plot (log(xtempAbar), E_asTheory2ndDer).
Both to be used in a new window, I guess.

Is this what you had in mind?
Henry

grid on
gset term aqua 106
axis ([0,log(ceil (max (Results(:,3)))),0,1], "square");
ylabel ("E (adult survival)")
xlabel ("Natural log of Abar")
mytitle = sprintf("Elasticity of adult survival vs. ln(Abar). \nResults are
exactly as per theory. \n Using data from %s \n HFM %s", NameOfDataFile,
date());
title (mytitle)
plot (log(Results(:,3)),Results(:,7),"x")
hold on
plot (log(xtempAbar),E_asTheory)
hold off
axis;