Re: Which version of Octave?

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: Which version of Octave?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:47:24 +0100

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:41:17 -0800
"Henry F. Mollet" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Should Mac not mean easy installation of Octave? Something corresponding to a
> binary .exe as is available for Windows? Why do we need Fink or DarwinPorts to
> be able to install Octave?

Now that I have a Panther system at hand, I am pondering the creation of an OSX
package (*.pkg) via epm (http://www.easysw.com/epm/). As a side effect, this
would
also allow the creation of RPM, DEB etc packages without any extra effort.

I wonder however, whether a native OSX package would not do any harm.
AFAIK Apple does not provide an uninstall option in its package
manager/installer.
Or has this changed with Panther? Or are there any third party tools that allow
the uninstallation of OSX packages?

Christoph Dalitz