Re: Which version of Octave?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Which version of Octave?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:41:17 -0800

Hi Joe,
So let me bring this back to octave on Mac. Installation of Octave on Mac is
apparently much more difficult than it should be unless you're a Unix guru.
If I upgrade to Panther, I'd rather not read a bash manual. Should Mac not
mean easy installation of Octave? Something corresponding to a binary .exe
as is available for Windows? Why do we need Fink or DarwinPorts to be able
to install Octave? As much as I try, I just don't understand nor need this
complication regarding the installation or upgrading of octave on a Mac.
Henry