WaveLab802 compiles in octave

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: WaveLab802 compiles in octave
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:02:21 -0500

There has been some discussion recently about running WaveLab in
octave and the problem of speed.  Out of curiosity,  I tried compiling
using mex from octave-forge.  With very mild fiddling of the build
script, I was able to compile everything.

I have no idea if things work correctly.   If you try it, please report
your experience on the wiki:

        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?WavelabOnOctave

BTW, I looked at some of the precompiled mex files, and it seems
that even simple things like mxGetN are function calls rather than
macros.  This means that if someone were ambitious, they could
write a loader for precompiled mex files!

Thanks,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden