partial plot

From: Pascal A. Dupuis
Subject: partial plot
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:52:56 -0600

After some computation I obtain a matrix of values I wish to plot. But
some of the values are not reliable, and I can define a logical matrix
(matrix of ones and zeros) telling if the corresponding result is
valid or not.

I would like to have a plot containing only the valid values.
I tried:
  - plot(value(Is_valid)) -> this does not work as the result is a
  column vector
  - Is_nvalid = Is_valid == 0; value(Is_nvalid)=NA -> but this does
  not work either, as NA values are strangely intepolated.

What I would like is that values flagged as invalid are not plotted,
yet the x-abscissa is incremented by one unit. For instance,
plot([-2 NA -1]) should join the pair (1, -2) and (3, -1) instead of
(1, -2) and (2, -1). Is there some way to achieve this other than
plotting the matrix rows by rows ?

TIA

Pascal Dupuis

--