Re: printing errors in octave/matlab

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: printing errors in octave/matlab
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:13:04 +0100

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 05:09AM, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:

>Wikis do have a big problem in that they are 'pull' documents.  I'm
>not very good at checking them, especially the inactive ones like
>http://wiki.octave.org.  For example, I did not know that Michael Creel
>posted a "request for comments" on the interface to the optimization
>package even though I suggested that he do so.
>
>Unless the wiki maintainers get aggressive and figure out some
>way to turn it into a 'push' medium, I don't think it will work for our
>community.

One possibility might be to add an RSS feed with RecentChanges.
For sites with a fairly low update rate like this it works reasonably well and
shouldn't be too difficult.
Maybe we could also syndicate stuff across the different octave-related pages
(octave/octave-forge/wiki etc.).

/Per

PS. In case anyone is unfamiliar with RSS, see
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/rss/